Submitting Your Best Draft
Topic 3: Preparing for Defense
- Have you clearly answered your research question(s)?
- Have you reported your findings in a clear and concise manner?
- Are all tables, figures, and appendices included?
- Most important review the recommendations from your proposal defense. Have you made all necessary updates/changes to Chapters 1-3?
- Is the dissertation free from typos and grammatical errors? Use an editor if recommended.
- Have you fully addressed the implications of your study and discussed your recommendations?
- Have you clearly linked your implications and recommendations (Ch. 5) to your data (Ch. 4) and linked your findings to previous studies (Ch. 2)?
- Have you properly formatted your draft?
- Have you updated your abstract to reflect your entire study?