During Your Proposal Defense
Topic 6: Qualifying Exam & IRB
- You arrive; they ask you to leave to discuss your study.
- The committee will invite you back in; you present your study.
- Questions/Discussion with the committee
- Why is this study needed?
- Suggestions for the method
- You take notes
- You leave, they discuss approval of your proposal
- You come back in, they provide recommendations, and next steps
- You take notes. Remember that the suggestions/comments from your committee will only lead to a stronger study.
- Your committee signs the forms.